-Cheesey Chicken Strips , Roasted Red Potatoes , & Zucchini Fries
I don’t know about you but the dinner options in this house always get pretty boaring after a while. I decided to try a new recipes with my little sous chefs once a week. I thought I’d share with you all our culinary adventure in a new weekly post I’m gonna call New To The Menu Monday. Then you can try it out at home as well! Hope you enjoy!
> we started with desert tonight. Kids washed up and I rinsed the strawberries for Strawberry Short Cakes for desert.
Destiny (my beautiful neice) & My boy Jason cut off strawberry tops and Allie sliced them for me. Then put them into A bowl..They added the sugar (we used powered sugar, that’s all I had) & mixed it up. Allie set into fridge tell it was time to enjoy!
Jason dipped zucchini strips into flour , Allie put them into egg mixure, Then Destiny rolled zucchini in our breadcrumbs and put them on to a cookie sheet covered in foil and sprayed with Pam Olive oil spray
We had so much fun making this dinner. Takes a little longer with all the “help” but we’ll worth it watching them learn a great life skill. They can’t wait for next week older girls are researching next New recipe already! Recipes are below. They arnt all processional because I forgot to time anything. I just look & smell when for when things are done.
ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPE
- 3 zucchinis (cut into strips)
- 2 eggs and some milk ( I just put some in a bit more then making scrambled eggs)
- 1 box Italian Style Panko Bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 400° and cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Take zuccini strips and cost them first with flour, then egg mixture, and finally roll it in the Panko breadcrumbs and set onto prepared cookie sheet
- Put cookie sheets into over(so I just realised I timed nothing🙈) anyways I’d say about 7-9 min per side or intell they look crispy enough! You will know when there done!
CRISPY CHEESEY CHICKEN STRIPS
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breasts ( cut into strips)
- Ritz crackers (smashed into crumbs)
- Thin Shredded Mexican cheese blend ( I didn’t really look,how much I used I just put in some handfuls tell it looked like enough)
- 2 Egg and some milk ( same thing as above here)
- Cooking spray
- Take thin chicken breasts and cut it into strips
- put them into the flour first,then egg, and rolled it around and make sure a bunch sticks, in the Ritz and cheese crumbs. Lay them onto a cookie sheet (with foil and sprayed)
- Out them into a 400° oven (again I did not time this when it looked brown and crispy I flipped them and waited tell other side looked just as crispy and delicious) for around 10 min or intell it’s crispy enough for you. Flip them over and continue another 10-12 min or untel they are golden brown.make sure your chicken is cooked threw!
ROASTED BABY RED POTATOED
- One bag of baby red potatoes ( I cut them into 8ths)
- Your favorite seasonings.(you can see what i used in picture above)
- Cooking spray
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Spray a bunch of the cooking spray onto it.
- Lay potatoes as flat as possible into cookie sheet. Spray the potatoes real good with your cooking spray. Then season to your taste
- Put them into 400° oven for about 45 min- 1 hour. Check often( I did not time these either I put them into oven first as soon as they were ready, I know when there done when they are a little brown and soft when poked with a fork) about 10 min prior to taking the potatoes out put a couple handfuls of the Mexican cheese mix.